Position Title: Associate Director of Outreach // Local and Global Engagement
Reports to: Managing Director of Outreach
Status: Full-time, Ministry Staff (45 hours/week)
Send us the following information to be considered for this position:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter
- Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
The Associate Director of Outreach: Local & Global Engagement (ADE) will work with the Outreach Team to implement the Lincoln Berean outreach strategy to effectively disciple the people of Lincoln Berean toward gospel multiplication. A regular rhythm of local and global exposure opportunities will serve as catalysts building discipleship experience and bringing awareness of God’s direction for ongoing outreach engagement. The ADE will also lead, in collaboration with the Managing Director of Outreach, the training strategy to equip Berean people to, intentionally and effectively, help those far from God become Jesus’ disciples. The ADE will also head efforts to create and cultivate local and global partnerships that provide venues for exposure events, as well as ongoing gospel demonstration and proclamation.
We are looking for someone who is deeply committed to helping change the outreach DNA of a large church by helping equip thousands of believers in gospel engagement through effective equipping and exposure opportunities leading to ongoing personal, specific, and measurable engagement toward helping others know Jesus and become His disciples.
The five key roles for this ‘seat’ are:
- Lead quarterly outreach equipping opportunities
- Lead quarterly outreach exposure opportunities
- Transition People from events to ongoing engagement
- Collaborate with Internal Ministries
- Lead in local and global partnerships
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead quarterly outreach equipping opportunities
- Under the direction of the Outreach Director and in collaboration with the Outreach Team, plan, and lead at least four “anchor events” for equipping people in more effective gospel engagement.
- Build a lay team of people to serve as effective trainers and to help plan and lead equipping events.
- Collaborate with LifeGroups on the progressive and systematic equipping of the people of Lincoln Berean.
Lead quarterly outreach exposure opportunities
- Under the direction of the Outreach Director and in collaboration with the Outreach Team, plan and lead at least four “anchor events” for exposing people to gospel engagement locally and/or globally.
- Build a lay team of people to serve as an engagement team helping plan and lead exposure events.
- Collaborate with LifeGroups on systematically creating gospel engagement exposure opportunities.
Transition People from events to ongoing engagement
- Under the direction of the Outreach Director and in collaboration with the Outreach Team, develop an overall “next step” strategy to adapt and use for all outreach exposure events.
- Support the Associate Director of Outreach: Local & Global Multiplication (ADM) in a specific “next step plan” strategy for each outreach exposure event which will result in each participant discerning and taking specific steps into ongoing gospel proclamation consistent with their current God-ordained context and their developmental journey as a disciple of Christ.
- Work with the ADM to ensure that all LifeGroups and members are connected to the ADM Team for ongoing shepherding, coaching, and encouragement in gospel engagement.
Collaborate with Internal Ministries
- Work collaboratively with the LifeGroups/Next Gen to plan engagement opportunities (equipping and exposure) in alignment with the overall discipleship and LifeGroup development plan of Lincoln Berean.
- Initiate and collaborate with LifeGroups in the formation of specific annual and quarterly engagement opportunities ensuring the systematic equipping and exposure of all.
- Collaborate with Next Gen to offer engagement opportunities appropriate for various ages
- Maintain ongoing open communication with ministries throughout the process of all gospel engagement equipping and exposure opportunities.
Lead in local and global partnerships
- Under the direction of the Outreach Director and in collaboration with the Outreach Team, determine which local and global organizations provide the best context for the effective execution of local and/or global outreach equipping and exposure events.
- Create and execute a collaborative planning process with partners for outreach equipping and exposure events.
- Maintain communication and partner relationships including leading out in the creation and implementation of budgeting and financial accountability process for Lincoln Berean supported partner ministries (organizations).
Competencies and Skills: To perform this job successfully, the following competencies should be demonstrated:
- Engaging recruiter: Highly relational and able to warmly connect with volunteers, staff, and partners
- Demonstrated passion for the global mission of the church and for the members of the local church to be intentionally engaged in local outreach
- Strong team player that can bring their very best to a staff and volunteer team
- Be a high-capacity person, able to handle a large diversity of details and projects, solving problems and making changes as needed
- Evangelism: skill and passion enables you to teach others how to share the good news of Jesus
- Networker: well connected to people and ministries
- Insightful communicator: keen sense of what needs to communicated to others for growth opportunities and the skill to communicate well (personal, spiritual, or otherwise)
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies or related field (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
- 3 years’ experience in an Outreach Ministry with a proven track record in lifestyle evangelism and incorporating outreach into the process of making disciples. Experience in Global missions preferred.
- Team Leadership: Proven track record in creating and equipping ministry teams and mobilizing people to reach out to others to make disciples
- Mission Management: previous experience administering, overseeing, and directing the business and people resources of a ministry, non-profit or business division, department, or workgroup
- Teaching in small and medium group settings
- Missions trip leadership experience
- Missiological depth
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
- Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
- Vision: Coming together, to know Jesus, become more like Him, and help others do the same.
- Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
- Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful
- Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
- A 30-60-90 day review by your supervisor
- Quarterly and Annual Reviews by your supervisor
- Input from staff and volunteers