Administrative Assistant: Shepherding Ministry
Position Title: Administrative Assistant Shepherding Ministry
Focus: Shepherding Managing Director and Life Groups
Reports to: Managing Director of Shepherding Ministry
Status: Full-time, Support Staff (40 hours/week)
Send us the following required items to be considered for this position:
• Your resume
• Your cover letter
• Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
• This position exists for the two-fold purpose of providing administrative support for the daily operations of the Shepherding Team of Lincoln Berean Church and to extend the productivity of the team directors. This role requires superb customer service, detail orientation, flexibility and collaboration.
What this role looks like:
15% Other Ministry Support
Daily / Weekly General Tasks
• Email, phone calls, correspondence
• Calendar management, schedule meetings
• Meeting/Event logistics, room reservations and setup, catering, invites, power points, agenda, meeting materials
• Travel logistics
• Printing Scanning, editing
• Expense receipt processing, credit card reconciliation, PO’s, expense account, check requests
• Materials, books, supplies
• Attend meetings, take notes
• Database expertise (each full-time admin will serve as the superuser for a specific database)
Areas of responsibility
This individual will execute details related to the areas listed below. Day to day responsibilities will vary widely. Weekly needs may be shared between (both/all) of the Ministry Administrative Assistants.
• A 30-60-90 day review by your supervisor
• Annual preview by your supervisor
• Input from staff and volunteers
Primary: Ministry Group Managing Director
General Weekly Time Requirements:
i.e., in office on ramping: weekly 1 hour check in meeting with Primary Manager (then every other week when fully adjusted to role)
• Tuesday: 11:00am- 12:30pm Adult Shepherding L10 Team Meeting
Listing the team’s follow up actions from weekly meetings (data input from Ninety)
Other projects as assigned
Secondary: Life Groups
• Monday: 1:30pm-3:00pm Life Groups L10 Team Meeting
• Thursday: 3:00pm-4:30pm Life Groups Long Term Planning Meeting
• Summer Training Times for Life Groups Time & Dates TBD – Several Saturdays during the Summer
• Life Group Fall Kickoff Event
• In Person Group Link Events (future)
• Winter Life Group Training Event
• Upload Discussion Questions to Website and coordinate sending of questions to Life Group members weekly
• Zoom Account Access Admin – upgrade users Zoom access and turn off Pro Accounts as needed
• Coordination of Childcare Reimbursements for Life Group Leaders (Periodic)
• Coordinate Assembly and Distribution of Gifts for Life Group Leaders (Periodic)
- Purchase and Assembly
- Gift Cards
- Recording of Staff Gift Cards to Finance Office
• Assist with Life Group Serve Day Administrative Tasks
Education, Skills and Background
• High School Diploma / Associate Degree
• Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Highly Organized – A must for events, weekly programming, supplies and resources
• Detail Oriented – Retains details and foresees potential conflicts that may need attention
• Self-Starter – demonstrated capacity to anticipate needs before they arise; demonstrated capability in forming systems of administration
• Flexible – Able to easily switch between routine, weekly tasks and random ones
• Tech Savvy – Experience with basic software
(e.g. Microsoft Suite, Zoom, etc.) – comfortable learning how to make updates on the ministry’s webpage and church database system
• Experience in using eSpace, Ministry Platform, and MailChimp software
• Has the people and technical skills necessary to interact and communicate with superiors, colleagues, coaches, leaders, the body and the public as needed to coordinate and facilitate the ministry and any other assigned task
• Great Smile – Not that you are always smiling – but you are an easy person for people to talk to whether it’s about a late registration (again) or a more serious issue they want to talk about with a pastor
• Proof-reader – English was a good subject for you in school! You can spell check, proof and fix grammar errors in our communication.• Team Player – Passionate to see this team and ministry succeed. Humble enough to take direction and insightful enough to give helpful input
• Love to Serve – Jump into any spot as needed. No task is too big and no task is beneath you.
Abilities and Commitments:
• Christ Centered: you build your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire. • Team Oriented: you love building a team, being able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
• People Savvy: you relate well to all kinds of people and cultures – inside and outside the church as well as cross culturally; can build rapport, constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
• Self-Awareness: you know your personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; is not defensive.
• Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority.
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
• At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
o Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
o Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
o Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful
• Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together