Operations // Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Position Title: Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Focus: Business and Staff Services / Finance
Reports to: Managing Director of Operations Group
Status: Full-time or Part Time Available, Support Staff
Send us the following required items to be considered for this position
• Your resume
• Your cover letter
• Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
• The position of Payroll and Benefits Specialist exists for the two-fold purpose of owning payroll and benefits as well as providing administrative support for the daily operations of the Business and Staff Services Team of Lincoln Berean Church. This role requires superb customer service, detail orientation, flexibility and collaboration.
The five Key Roles for this ‘seat’ are:
- Benefits Administration
- HR Operations
- Operations, Coordination and Administration
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Process Semi-monthly payroll
• Upload retirement contributions
• Reconcile benefit invoices against payroll
• Update compensation spreadsheet
• Create annual compensation letters
• Manage annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process for dental, vision, health, FSA
• Reconcile invoices against payroll
• Ensure insurance invoices are paid
• Make benefit changes for employees
• Manage HRA reimbursements
• Respond to employee questions regarding benefits, HRA, TAS
• Assist with onboarding new employees including payroll setup, workspace planning, IT support and initial onboarding paperwork
• Manage and secure all employee personnel files including onboarding and termination of employment and benefits; destroy old employee I-9
• Assist with counting offering
• Input journal entries
• Copy Counts
• Create Purchase Orders and Check Requests
• File receipts
• Car Care record keeping
• Assist with year-end tax filing
• Weekly attendance report
• Upload/distribute Monthly Financial Reports
Operations, Coordination and Administration
• Monthly Admin Meetings
• Recruit and help train temporary Admin Assistants
• Work with Operations Directional Team to organize and communicate decisions, projects, timelines, etc.
• Update weekly / monthly / annual data reporting for the Church Management Team and Operations Directional Team
• Prepare and take notes for Operations Directional Team weekly L10 meeting.
Daily / Weekly General Tasks
• Emails, phone calls, correspondence
• Calendar management, schedule meetings
• Meeting/Event logistics, room reservations and setup, catering, invites, agenda, meeting materials
• Travel logistics
• Printing, scanning, editing
• Receipt processing, credit card reconciliation, PO’s, expense accounts, check requests
• Materials, books, supplies
• Attend meetings, take notes
• Database expertise
Education, Skills and Background
• Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Associate Degree in Business
• 2 years of experience in Payroll and Benefits Administration
• Proven experience with Microsoft Suite, and Teams
• Highly Organized
• Detail Oriented and an exceptional degree of accuracy
• Self-Starter – demonstrated capacity to anticipate needs before they arise; demonstrated capability in forming systems of administration
• Flexible – Able to easily switch between routine, weekly tasks and random ones
• Has the people and technical skills necessary to interact and communicate with superiors, colleagues, coaches, leaders, the body and the public as needed to coordinate and facilitate the ministry and any other assigned task
• Great Smile – Not that you are always smiling – but you are an easy person for people to talk to whether it’s about a late registration (again) or a more serious issue they want to talk about with a pastor
• Proof-reader – English was a good subject for you in school! Your can spell check, proof and fix grammar errors in our communication.
Abilities and Commitments:
• Christ Centered: you build your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
• Team Oriented: you love building a team, being able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
• People Savvy: you relate well to all kinds of people and cultures – inside and outside the church as well as cross culturally; can build rapport, constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
• Self-Awareness: you know your personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; is not defensive.
• Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority.
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
• At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
o Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
o Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
o Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful
• Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
• A 30-60-90 day review by your manager
• Annual review by your manager
• Input from staff and volunteers