Guest Experience and Connections // Coffee Connection Coordinator
Position Title: Coffee Connection Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Guest Experience and Connection
Status: Part-time (25 hours/week)
Schedule: Varies weekly, including some evenings and weekends
Send us the following information to be considered for this position:
• Your resume
• Your cover letter
• Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
• The overall responsibility of this role is to provide leadership to:
o LBC’s entire Coffee Experience on Saturday nights, Sunday mornings, and during weekday special events through LBC’s Guest Experience Ministry and manages The Commons Coffee venue and leads and support the volunteer Coffee Team.
o To joyfully engage and invite each guest into a friendly connection.
We are looking for someone who loves Jesus more than anything, loves people, and has a passion for customer service, heart for creating connection, and love for all things coffee.
The five key roles for this ‘seat’ are:
• Volunteer Team Recruitment, Training, Scheduling and Supervision
• Commons Coffee Shop and Coffee Station Planning and Execution (Commons Coffee Shop environment, cleaning, opening/closing tasks)
• Inventory Management and Machine Maintenance
• Maintain County Health Department requirements for Commons Coffee Shop and volunteers
• Financial Aspects (order change, enter coupons, prepares deposit, donations, manage income and expenses)
Volunteer Team recruitment, training, development, scheduling and supervision
• Equip and encourage high-capacity volunteers to lead and execute vision and mission
• Provide initial and ongoing coffee-related training
• Create name tags for new volunteers
• Create and maintain schedules for Commons Coffee Shop and the Coffee Station
Commons Coffee Shop and Coffee Station Planning, Management and Execution
• Create welcoming places for LBC attenders to create connection
• Work together on ‘New Guest’ welcoming spot in the Commons area
• Establish and maintain processes for Commons Coffee Shop and Coffee Station (opening and closing accountabilities)
• Maintain and update the Coffee Connection Coordinator Procedures Manual
Inventory Management and Machine Maintenance
• Oversee maintenance of espresso machine, coffee brewers, fridges/freezer, ice machine, etc.
• Keep up-to-date inventory and order supplies as needed, including cups, lids, straws, stir sticks, creamers, milk, snacks, drinks, syrups, coffee, etc.
• Order coffee beans (for Commons Coffee Shop, Coffee Station and Kitchen
• Restock supplies at Coffee Station and Brew Station after weekend services
• Purchase ‘fresh’ supplies each week (half and half, lemons, limes)
Maintain County Health Department requirements for Coffee Commons, Coffee Station and all volunteers
• Maintain Food Permits for Commons Coffee Shop volunteers
• Obtain and maintain a Restricted/Shift Manager Permit as the Coffee Shop Manager
• Maintain a high level of cleanliness in Commons Coffee Shop
• Order change for Commons Coffee Shop opening each week
• Keep track of ministry charges and coffee coupons
• Count coffee donation jar and submit question for next week
• Weekly counting of drawer and donations
• Prepare deposit and submit to the Business and Staff Services
• Manage income and expenses
• High level of integrity in dealing with money
• Outgoing, not afraid to engage people in conversation and invite people in.
• Passion for serving people well and attending to the details.
• Understanding what it takes to create a culture of connection and spiritual growth.
• Must be a leader of leaders with the ability to delegate easily to expand the ministry.
• Strong team player that can bring their very best to a staff and volunteer team.
• Ability to collaborate with several teams and bring back best practices while understanding and caring for the culture of each campus.
• Excellent people skills with ability to lead others with lightness and grace.
• Positive contributor to staff culture with team collaboration as a top priority.
• Demonstrated skill in managing and training others.
• Experience and knowledge of coffee desired.
• Experience with recruiting and training volunteers, especially in a church environment.
• College Degree preferred.
Abilities and Commitments:
• Christ Centered: you build your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
• Team Oriented: you love building a team, being able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
• People Savvy: you relate well to all kinds of people and cultures – inside and outside the church as well as cross culturally; can build rapport, constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
• Self-Awareness: you know your personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; is not defensive.
• Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority.
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
• At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
- Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
- Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
- Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful
- Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
• A 30-60-90 day review based on your quarterly goals, the give roles of the ‘seat’ and staff core values by your supervisor
• Quarterly and Annual Reviews by your supervisor based on your quarterly goals, the give roles of the ‘seat’ and the staff core values
• Input from staff and volunteers