Position Title: Associate Director of Outreach // Local and Global Multiplication
Reports to: Managing Director of Outreach
Status: Full-time, Ministry Staff (45 hours/week)
Send us the following information to be considered for this position:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter
- Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
The Associate Director of Outreach: Local and Global Multiplication (ADM) will work with the Outreach Team implementing our outreach strategy to effectively disciple Lincoln Berean people toward personal, measurable gospel multiplication. The multiplication focus is two-fold – helping people bloom where they are currently planted, and helping others discern God’s call to grow and go wherever He directs. The ADM will further our outreach goals by creating an effective strategy for coaching Berean people living out gospel engagement, building a volunteer team, executing the strategy, and seeking its continual improvement. The ADM will help ensure that the disciples in our body are progressively growing their ability to help others know Jesus and become His disciples.
We are looking for someone who is deeply committed to helping change the outreach DNA of a large church by helping equip thousands of believers in gospel engagement by fostering personal spiritual growth and coaching toward discernment of God’s calling for each disciple’s ongoing personal, specific, and measurable gospel engagement with unbelievers to help others know Jesus and become His disciples.
The five key roles for this ‘seat’ are:
- Lead a gospel engagement multiplication team of lay leaders
- Lead a “next step” process for all exposure events
- Follow up with outreach exposure event participants
- Development of future Lincoln Berean missionaries
- Care for all deployed Lincoln Berean missionaries
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead a gospel engagement multiplication team of lay leaders
- Select and develop a team of people who are already effective in gospel engagement.
- Lead in the process of creating an effective structure for coaching LifeGroups and people in this aspect of their life as a disciple of Christ (helping others do the same).
- Collaborate with Managing Director of Outreach to determine and refine multiplication strategies and rhythms to ensure best coaching and follow up practices.
Lead a “next step” process for all exposure events
- Under the direction of the Managing Director of Outreach and in collaboration with the Outreach Team, lead the creation of an effective “next step” process for ongoing local and/or global engagement following exposure events.
- Work collaboratively with the ADE to cultivate relationship with local and global engagement participants before and during the gospel exposure event.
- Lead the pre-trip and post-trip “next step” planning process for all event participants.
Follow up with outreach exposure event participants
- Collaborate with LifeGroups to continually raise the value of gospel engagement for ongoing coaching of groups and members in personal outreach.
- Under the direction of the Managing Director of Outreach, work hand in hand with the ADE to develop an overall “next step” strategy to adapt and use for all outreach exposure events.
- Lead in the creation of a specific “next step plan” strategy for each outreach exposure event which will result in each participant discerning and taking specific steps into ongoing gospel proclamation consistent with their current God-ordained context and their developmental journey as a disciple of Christ.
Development of future Lincoln Berean missionaries
- Lead in the process of creating coaching relationships to help people discern the calling of God into fulltime vocational ministry on the mission field.
- Lead the team in the creation and implementation of a missionary development and preparation program and partnerships for preparing and sending LBC members to the mission field.
- Lead in creating effective sending strategies, including coordination with mission agencies, to increase the potential success of new missionaries heading to the field.
Care for all deployed Lincoln Berean missionaries
- Lead in the creation and implementation of the cultivation of coaching and support relationships with all Lincoln Berean missionaries.
- Lead in the process of creating platforms for connection and relationship between the LBC Body and LBC missionaries on the field and during home assignments.
- Lead out in the creation and implementation of budgeting and financial accountability process for Lincoln Berean supported missionaries (short-term and long-term).
Competencies and Skills: To perform this job successfully, the following competencies should be demonstrated:
- Engaging: Highly relational and able to warmly connect with volunteers, staff, and partners
- Demonstrated passion for the global mission of the church and for the members of the local church to be intentionally engaged in local outreach
- Strong team player that can bring their very best to a staff and volunteer team
- Demonstrated record of people development: patient and able to use discernment in guiding people in their next step for growth
- Process creation and refinement: innovative with starting new processes and adaptable to making changes as necessary
- Disciplined: follow through with every individual is very important
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies or related field (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted)
- 3 years’ experience in an Outreach Ministry with a proven track record in lifestyle evangelism and incorporating outreach into the process of making disciples. Experience in Global missions preferred.
- Volunteer Team Leadership and Equipping Ministry Partners: Proven track record in creating and equipping ministry teams and mobilizing people to reach out to others to make disciples
- Track record of effective discipleship
- One-on-one coaching experience in any context
- Overseas living or extensive travel (preferred)
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
- Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
- Vision: Coming together, to know Jesus, become more like Him, and help others do the same.
- Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
- Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful
- Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
- A 30-60-90 day review by your supervisor
- Quarterly and Annual Reviews by your supervisor
- Input from staff and volunteers