Position Title: Operations // Accounting Clerk
Reports to: Operations // Accountant
Status: Full-time, Support Staff (40 hours/week)
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM
Send us the following information to be considered for this position:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter
- Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
Are you interested in joining a staff team passionate about building a Christian Community where we are committed to ‘Gather Together, to Know Jesus, Become More Like Him and Help Others Do the Same’? Lincoln Berean Church offers the opportunity for you to combine your talents, passions, and faith through an exciting ministry.
The Accounting Clerk assists the Accountant through the completion of the key tasks listed below.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for numbers, an eye for detail and loves Jesus more than anything.
The five key roles for this ‘seat’ are:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Staff Support
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Accounts Payable
- Ensure all staff credit card charges are accounted for and posted correctly
- Process ACH’s on a weekly basis
- Write checks weekly
- Manage credit accounts, such as Amazon
- Process AR weekly
- Set up payment options for ministry event registrations in church database
- Understand Sales and Use Tax and City Taxes
- Manage and post payment options (Square, Venmo)
- Count cash weekly from the weekend services
- Assist Accountant in check scanning
- Reconcile credit card and accounts payable accounts
- Provide backup of taxes owed to Accountant for payment monthly and quarterly
- Prepare annual Work Comp Audit
- Prepare W-9 and Tax-Exempt Forms
- Prepare petty cash and cash bags for ministry activities
- Troubleshoot Purchasing Management and Credit Card issues
- Administrative support as needed
Competencies and Skills: To perform this job successfully, the following competencies should be demonstrated:
- Positive contributor to staff culture with team collaboration as a top priority
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Non-profit fund accounting principles and procedures experience preferred
- Engaging: Highly relational and able to warmly connect with volunteers, staff, and partners
- Strong team player that can bring their very best to a staff and volunteer team
- Be a person of character that leads out of a dependent relationship with God
- Be a high-capacity person, able to handle a large diversity of details and projects
- Knowledge and proficiency in financial software and databases
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to exercise initiation, discretion, and sound judgement under varying conditions
- Associate’s Degree required; 2+ years of business, finance, accounting, or related professional experience preferred.
- Proven success in multi-tasking and working well under deadlines
Character, Calling and Chemistry:
- Christ Centered: you build your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
- Team Oriented: you love building a team, being able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
- People Savvy: you relate well to all kinds of people and cultures – inside and outside the church as well as cross culturally; can build rapport, constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Self-Awareness: you know your personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; is not defensive.
- Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority.
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
- Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
- Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
- Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful o Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
- A 30-60-90 day review by your supervisor based on your quarterly goals, the five roles of the ‘seat’, and the staff core values
- Quarterly and Annual Reviews based on your quarterly goals, the five roles of the ‘seat’, and the staff core values by your supervisor
- Input from staff and volunteers
Lincoln Berean Church is an organization the utilizes ‘Traction™’ as our operating system. If you have not read ‘Traction’ by Gino Wickman or ‘What the Heck is EOS’ by Gino Wickman we encourage you to read one of them.