Position Title: Evening Security Guard // Campus Services
Reports to: Ministry Events Supervisor
Status: Part-time, hourly
Schedule: Weekday evenings 5PM-10PM and Saturdays 1PM-6PM
Send us the following information to be considered for this position:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter
- Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
Interpersonal skills, helpfulness and charisma can go a long way in making people feel welcomed and loved. The Evening Security Guard is responsible for staffing the front desk during evening hours. This role provides both security and guest services to our staff and to the many visitors to Lincoln Berean Church.
This role is ideal for students and semi-retired individuals! Must have the physical ability to walk in and around the building.
We are looking for someone who loves Jesus more than anything, loves people, and has a heart for serving others.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide Safety and Security
- Be highly observant, focused, and prepared. Report possible threats, respond appropriately and assist the Campus Supervisor in the event of severe weather.
- Assist serving our staff and guests with questions, requests, or getting them in touch with the right people.
- Ensure the building is secure at the end of the night
- Update and post Event Signs and other duties as assigned
Competencies and Skills: To perform the job successfully, the following competencies should be demonstrated:
- Basic computer skills
- Self-Disciplined approach to workload management, ability to keep accurate notes; tracking details while letting nothing slip through the cracks
- Passion for serving those using our facility with Christ-like humility by developing real relationships with our staff and community.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Previous experience in customer service or security preferred but not required.
Character, Calling and Chemistry:
- Observant and Perceptive: Ability to read people and situations. Can identify signs of emotional distress and notice subtle physical cues that might indicate a larger story (training provided).
- Friendly and Courteous: Provide a safe and welcoming first impression to everyone who enters the building.
- Diligent: Some nights are slower than others, so candidates must be able to remain alert and vigilant even when there is little building activity.
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
• At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
- Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
- Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
- Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful
- Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
- Quarterly and Annual Reviews based on your quarterly goals, the roles of the ‘seat’, and the staff core values by your supervisor
- Input from staff and volunteers