Communications // Database Administrator
Position Title: Communications // Database Administrator
Reports to: Director of Communications
Collaborates with: IT, Guest Services and Campus Services
Status: Full-time, Support Staff (40 hours/week)
Send us the following information to be considered for this position:
• Your resume
• Your cover letter
• Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
The Database & Website Administrator works as a part of the larger Communications Team to oversee all aspects of database maintenance, integration, and analysis at Lincoln Berean Church. They will also assist with the timely back-end design and database integration of a front-facing website and mobile app, especially as it relates to the creation of events, registrations, forms, and other cross-channel structural functions and design needs.
We are looking for someone who loves Jesus more than anything—someone who knows Jesus, wants to become more like him, and will help others do the same.
The five key roles for this ‘seat’ are:
• Oversee Data Selection and Automation
• Write and Report on Program Queries
• Test Functional and Nonfunctional Programs/Apps
• Training and Support
• Website and Mobile App Development
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Oversee Data Selection and Automation
• Own the data selection and system interface automation processes related to our CMS (Ministry Platform) from front to back, start to finish
• Utilize SQL tools to accomplish organizational reporting needs
• Constant awareness of modifications to SQL tables and the structure or organizational databases
Write and Report on Program Queries
• Write complicated programming queries from scratch impacting the integration of several databases/channels
• Decipher existing queries in a timely, clear fashion
• Regularly liaison with staff and leadership about creating and maintaining best practices for report creation/organization and data selection processing
Test Functional and Non-functional Programs/Apps
• Consistently test and troubleshoot functional and non-functional aspects of programs and applications
• Reprogram, update, or add new features as needed• Periodically interface with other departments, like IT, to diagnose technical problems and assist in completing regularly scheduled technical activities and updates
Training and Support
• Provide support, training, assistance, analysis, documentation, and inspiration to system users
• Contribute to maintaining a progressive IT environment, and help guide the architecture and guide tech design for LBC’s future
• Perform infrequent on-call work to address emergency technical issues
Website and Mobile App Development
• Maintain, develop, and innovate our front-facing website (Wordpress) and mobile app (Pocket Platform)
Competencies and Skills:
• Ability to self-start, take direction, and provide constructive feedback
• Can easily prioritize multiple tasks and remain organized
• Has a passion to grow personally and professionally
• Thrives in a personable, relational, team-based environment
• Can communicate tech in a way the entire staff can easily understand
• High emotional IQ and excellent people skills
• Strong team player and positive contributor to staff culture
• BA/BS in computer science or relevant field; or three to four years’ experience/training in the IT field; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the IT field
• 2-3 years’ professional SQL programming experience
• SQL certification, or in progress
• Experience with Microsoft SQL, MySQL, pipeline automation tools, HTML (and other languages), Wordpress, Office 365, Microsoft teams, Ministry Platform, Pocket Platform
• Input from staff and volunteers
Character, Calling and Chemistry:
• Christ Centered: you build your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart, allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
• Team Oriented: you love building or being part of a team, being able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries and utilizing the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
• People Savvy: you relate well to all kinds of people and cultures – inside and outside the church as well as cross-culturally; can build rapport, constructive and effective relationships; use diplomacy and tact.
• Self-Awareness: you know your personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits; seek feedback; gain insights from mistakes; are open to criticism; are not defensive.
• Trustworthy: honest and consider confidentiality a priority.
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
• At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
• Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
• Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
• Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful
• Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
• A 30-60-90 day review by your supervisor based on your quarterly goals, the five roles of the ‘seat’, and the staff core values
• Quarterly and Annual Reviews based on your quarterly goals, the five roles of the ‘seat’, and the staff core values by your supervisor
• Input from staff and volunteers
Lincoln Berean Church is an organization the utilizes ‘Traction™’ as our operating system. If you have not read ‘Traction’ by Gino Wickman or ‘What the Heck is EOS’ by Gino Wickman we encourage you to read one of them.