Position Title: Operations // Campus Services Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Campus Services
Status: Full-time, Support Staff (40 hours/week)
Schedule: We are looking for someone who can work the following shifts:
• Wednesday, 2:30pm-10:30pm
• Thursday, 2:30pm-10:30pm
• Saturday, 2:30pm-10:30pm
The remaining shifts are open for your input. Both morning (7:30am-3:30pm) and night (2:30pm-10:30pm) shifts are available.
Send us the following information to be considered for this position:
• Your resume
• Your cover letter
• Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
The position exists to provide supervision and leadership to our team of Campus Techs to ensure that our building is well maintained, prepared for every event and hospitable to everyone. Supervisors both oversee and work alongside the teams responsible for event setup and task completion. In this role, supervisors support thousands of events, create an impeccable environment in 230,000 sq. ft. facility, and maintain the grounds on a 48-acre campus. This position requires skills in superb customer service: detail-oriented, collaboration, and the ability to be flexible and pivot as priorities change.
We are looking for someone who loves Jesus more than anything, loves people, and has a heart for serving.
The five key roles for this ‘seat’ are:
• Shift Management
• Building Safety & Coverage
• Team Coordination
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Continually ready and willing to engage with people using our building to exceed expectations to create a welcoming, distraction free environment
• Troubleshoot the needs of those using our facility in order to prevent future problems
• Lead teams of 3-5 people per shift, ensuring the correct completion of every setup, task, and request (even those happening outside of your shift)
• Work alongside the team to help with task completion when needed and balancing the completion of your own tasks as well
• Model great leadership by demonstrating responsibility, integrity, accountability, customer service, task management etc. to those on the teams
• Provide continuous job specific training, development, and coaching to the teams
• Encourage and celebrate team members
• Guide team members by modeling our staff values and God’s word
• Lead the team in prayer and devotionals (materials provided)
Building Safety & Coverage
• Protect the people and property of Lincoln Berean Church by executing a daily lockup procedure
• Helping facilitate procedures during severe weather and fire protection
• Flexibility with other supervisors during “all hands on deck” events and/or initiatives, and vacation/sick leave
• Attend and participate in trainings, 1 on 1 development, shift tactical meetings, and retreats
• Help brainstorm, develop, test, and enforce new processes, departmental goals, and projects
Competencies and Skills: To perform this job successfully, the following competencies should be demonstrated:
• Ability to use computers, tablets, and copiers comfortably
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, completing a scheduled workload as well as finding unassigned work
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication
• Able to anticipate needs before they arise
• Passion for serving those using our facility with Christ-like humility by developing real relationships with our staff and community.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Previous experience in grounds, event setup, and/or janitorial work is a plus
Character, Calling and Chemistry:
• Christ-Centered: you build your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire; you have an active prayer life
• Humble and Teachable: you know that your personal security is in Christ
• Team Oriented: you love being part of a team, being able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final experience
• People Savvy: you relate well to all kinds of people and cultures – inside and outside the church as well as cross-culturally; can build rapport, constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact
• Self-Awareness: you know your personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; is not defensive
• Trustworthy: honest with integrity
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
• At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
o Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
o Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
o Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful
o Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
• A 30-60-90 day review by your supervisor based on your quarterly goals, the five roles of the ‘seat’, and the staff core values
• Quarterly and Annual Reviews based on your quarterly goals, the five roles of the ‘seat’, and the staff core values by your supervisor
• Input from staff and volunteers