Position Title: Preschool Coordinator // KIDS Ministry
Reports to: Kids Pastor
Status: Part-Time (29 hours/week)
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 9AM-3PM, Sunday 7:30AM-12:30PM
Send us the required items to be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter
- Links to your social media
Job Purpose and Goals:
- Build and empower a team of volunteers that will love kids and will build relationships with them in order to bring them to Jesus.
- Create and sustain an experience every Sunday for kids that makes kids not want to miss church.
- Make God’s word alive and fun for kids so that they come to know the God of the Bible and want to follow Him.
We are looking for someone who loves Jesus more than anything, loves kids and who will make kids a priority and passionately seek to bring them to Jesus.
What this role looks like:
- 40% - Recruit, train, and celebrate volunteers for the Pre-School Team
- 30% - Coordinate and direct Sunday morning programing
- 10% - Review, edit and implement curriculum
- 10% - Celebrate and connect with parents
- 10% - Attend all staff and team meetings
- Recruit, train, and celebrate / invest in Pre-School Team volunteers
- Review, edit and implement curriculum
- Review and edit Small Group curriculum for alignment with LBC’s doctrine
- Monitor the implementation of curriculum for effectiveness
- Coordinate and direct Sunday morning programming
- Oversee scheduling of all Small Group volunteers
- Develop leadership within the Small Group Team
- Communicate with Small Group coaches weekly
- Be present during programming to give direction and to problem solve
- Empower and equip Small Group leaders to connect with parents
- Address room needs and maintain safety, security, and emergency procedures
- Manage one-on-one Buddy and Special Needs ministries
- Team Meetings,
- All Staff Meetings,
- Next Gen,
- Curriculum Meetings
- Outgoing, not afraid to engage people in conversation and invite people in.
- Passion for serving people well and attending to the details.
- Understanding what it takes to create a culture of connection and spiritual growth.
- Must be a leader of leaders with the ability to delegate easily in order to expand the ministry.
- Strong team player that can bring their very best to a staff and volunteer team.
- Ability to collaborate with several teams and bring back best practices while understanding and caring for the culture of each campus.
- Ability and courage to invite people into deeper connections.
- Excellent people skills.
- Positive contributor to staff culture with team collaboration as a top priority.
- BA in Education or related fields preferred
- 3 years of experience working with elementary age kids
- Experience with recruiting and training volunteers, especially in a church environment.
Abilities and Commitments:
- Christ Centered: you build your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire.
- Team Oriented: you love building a team, being able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
- People Savvy: you relate well to all kinds of people and cultures – inside and outside the church as well as cross culturally; can build rapport, constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Self-Awareness: you know your personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; is not defensive.
- Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority.
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate in the life of the community (Life Group).
- At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and embrace the responsibility to represent the:
- Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ.
- Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
- Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor and Hopeful
- Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
• A 30-60-90 day review by your manager
• Annual review by your manager
• Input from staff and volunteers