Elementary Associate Director // Kids Ministry
If you desire to make God's word alive and engaging for kids so they want to know and follow Jesus, Lincoln Berean would love to have you be a part of our mission.
Job Title: Elementary Associate Director // Kids Ministry
Reports to: Kids Pastor
Work Hours: Full Time: (45 hours/week)
Anticipated Schedule: Monday—Thursday 8AM-5PM, Sunday 7:30AM-12:30PM
Job Purpose & Goals:
- Build and empower a team of volunteers that will love kids and will build relationships with them in order to bring them to Jesus.
- Create and sustain an experience every Sunday for kids that makes kids not want to miss church.
- Make God’s word alive and fun for kids so that they come to know the God of the Bible and want to follow Him.
We are looking for someone who loves Jesus more than anything, loves kids and who will make kids a priority and passionately seek to bring them to Jesus.
40% - Recruit, train, and celebrate volunteers for the Elementary Team
30% - Coordinate and direct Sunday morning programing
10% - Review, edit and implement curriculum
10% - Celebrate and connect with parents
10% - Attend all staff and team meetings
- Recruit, train, and celebrate / invest in Elementary Team volunteers
- Review, edit and implement curriculum
- Review and edit both Large Group and Small Group curriculum for alignment with LBC’s doctrine
- Monitor the implementation of curriculum for effectiveness
- Coordinate and direct Sunday morning programming
- Develop and monitor a strategy to make Huddles an effective tool to encourage and equip our Small Group Leaders
- Schedule all Small Group volunteers
- Develop leadership within the Small Group Team
- Communicate with Small Group coaches weekly
- Be present during programming to give direction and to problem solve
- Empower and equip Small Group Leaders to connect with parents
- Address room needs and maintain safety, security, and emergency procedures
- Manage one-on-one Buddy and Special Needs ministries
- Work with Communications Director to develop and implement social media strategy to highlight Kids Ministry and connect with parents
- Produce and implement online content for the Elementary experience
- Develop and implement a plan for trainings for volunteers
- Attend and fully participate in meetings
- Team Meetings
- All Staff Meetings
- Next Gen Meetings
- Curriculum Meetings
- Highly relational; able to warmly connect with volunteers, kids, and parents
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Collaborate Team Player who thrives in a team-based environment
- Biblical knowledge as focus in editing and evaluating curriculum and lesson plans
- Effective teacher who can teach and coach other teachers
- Future planner, anticipating what is coming and planning ahead
- BA in Education or related fields preferred
- 3 years of experience working with elementary age kids
Abilities and Commitments:
- Christ Centered: builds your life and ministry around Jesus, with an open heart allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and inspire. Demonstrates leadership character as outlined in 1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1.
- Team Oriented: loves building a team, able to work across teams and to partner with other ministries, using the skills and gifts of others to create a better final product.
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates well to all kinds of people and cultures – inside and outside the church as well as cross culturally; builds appropriate rapport, constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Self-awareness: knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; is not defensive.
- Trustworthy: honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Support LBCs mission statement, vision, core values, and policies.
Must make Lincoln Berean Church their home church and participate regularly in a Life Group
At Lincoln Berean Church, we fully expect each staff member to be actively engaged in following Jesus and believe that if this commitment to Jesus is present, it will be evident in a staff member’s personal life, family relationships, and ministry. In working at Lincoln Berean Church, every staff member must be aware of and follow and support:
o Church’s Mission: To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ
o Doctrine: What We Believe at Lincoln Berean Church - Committed to truth
o Staff Core Values: Healthy Drive, Teachable, People Savvy, Radical Candor, and Hopeful.
o Life Groups: The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone – we are better together!
- A 30-60-90 day review based on your quarterly goals, the five roles of the 'seat' and staff core values by your supervisor
- Quarterly and Annual review by the supervisor based on your quarterly goals, the give roles of the 'seat' and the staff core values
- Input from staff and volunteers
Lincoln Berean Church is an organization that utilizes 'TractionTM as our operating system. If you have not read 'Traction' or What the Heck is EOS' by Gino Wickman we encourage you to read one of them.